Yes, we can have ice cream :)
Is Anyone Craving Ice Cream?
I have been doing pretty well on my no sugar or grain Paleo diet to help my PMR symptoms. But when the weather turns hot, I CRAVE ice cream.
So I was thrilled when I found a Paleo Sugar-free Recipe for Ice Cream. I know that ice cream is the one sweet that I miss. A LOT! I can't wait to try it!
Dairy-Free Vanilla Ice Cream
The creamiest homemade dairy-free vanilla ice cream ever! Made with only 5 ingredients and is vegan, paleo, gluten-free & refined sugar free.
PREP TIME 5 mins
TOTAL TIME 1 hr 30 mins
SERVINGS 1 pint of ice cream
CALORIES 155.8 kcal
• ice cream maker (see below if you do not have one)
• ¼ cup honey (maple syrup for vegan)
• 1 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk or cream
• ¼ cup almond butter
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp sea salt
1. Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender in the order listed.
2. Blend on high for 30 seconds, or until smooth and mixture is homogenous.
3. Turn on your ice cream mixer (No mixer? see below for instructions)
4. Pour mixture directly from the blender into the ice cream maker while it is moving.
5. Let the ice cream churn for about 20-25 minutes until it becomes a firm ball or the ice cream maker stops rotating.
6. Transfer to an airtight, freezer-friendly container and freeze for at least 1 hour, or until completely frozen.
7. Makes about 1 pint of ice cream.
Many people ask me if they can make ice cream without an ice cream maker. The answer is yes, you can churn it by hand but I highly recommend investing in an ice cream maker if you want the creamiest, dreamiest, homemade ice cream possible.
*Nutrition information calculated based on using coconut milk, for the recipe yielding 6, 1/3 cup servings!
Calories: 155.8kcalCarbohydrates: 15.4gProtein: 2gFat: 9.6gPotassium: 8.3mgFiber: 1gSugar: 13.7gCalcium: 50mgIron: 0.5mg