Good Morning Nurse Friends!
How is nurses week going for you? Hopefully, you are receiving little notes of thanks, treats, and free lunch! You all deserve it!
Did you know that nurses:
- are the most trusted profession
- are the backbone of medicine. We make it all "work out" for the patients by educating, comforting, and administering care.
- are never "off duty". We nurse our family, friends, relatives, people at church and ball games. So true!! We do it because we care about people.
- walk an average of 4-5 miles in a 12 hr shift compared to the average adult who walks 2.5 to 3 miles in an 18 hr day. No wonder we are tired from work!
- nurse's caps were designed after a nun's cap to keep our hair in place. We used to have to wear our hair in a bun as a nurse and the cap was designed to hold the bun in place and to be more hygienic by hiding our hair under it.
Cheers to the best profession and nurses who have large bladders, rarely take a day off because our patients need us and are able to eat on the run! True talents of all nurses!